One of the ways that WERU serves the community is by sharing information about upcoming community events. In order to do that we need your help. Our calendar form allows you to enter your local event, which will then be shared with readers and listeners online and on the air. To help you put together a concise listing and to ensure that it’s posted in a timely (at least two weeks before the event), informative and accurate manner, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Enter your information into the form below and your event will then be in the que to be approved. When there are multiple events each one needs its own listing with all the pertinent information.
2. Below are the guidelines for the event details box at the bottom of the form; the total “blurb” in the box should be 50-60 words and include the following:
- Name of event
- A very brief description of event (1-2 sentences)
- Day, date and time
- Location (including street address)
- Phone and/or website for more info
- Please do not include ticket prices.
3. Once you have submitted your event it is approved by our staff and then will appear in the online calendar about two weeks before the event. It will appear in the studio calendar to be announced by programmers for one week prior to the event. Programmers then choose which events to announce.