One of the ways that WERU serves the community is by sharing information about upcoming local events. Our “Submit an Event” online form allows you to enter your event, which will then be shared with the public online and on the air. Because WERU’s community calendar is both online and on the air, some information must be entered twice.
To help you put together a concise listing and to ensure that it’s posted in a timely, informative and accurate manner, please follow these guidelines:
1. At least two weeks before your event, enter your information into the form and your event will then be in the queue to be approved. When there are multiple events, each one needs its own listing with all the pertinent information.
2. Only the contents of the “Details” section are printed off for programmers to read over the air (which is why you have to repeat some of the information that you already entered in the “When” and “Where” sections). This section may contain no more than 50 words. All of the information listed below must be included for the event to be approved:
- Name of event
- A very brief description of event (1-2 sentences)
- Day, date and time
- Location (including street address)
- Phone and/or website for more info
(Please do not include ticket prices.)
3. Once you have submitted your event and it is approved by our staff, it will then appear in the online calendar about two weeks before the event. It will be posted in the studio to be announced by programmers for one week prior to the event. Programmers then choose which events to announce.
Please call Susan Pierce, Office & Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions.