One of the ways that WERU serves the community is by sharing information about upcoming community events. In order to do that we need your help. Our calendar form allows you to enter your local event, which will then be shared with readers and listeners online and on the air. To help you put together a concise listing and to ensure that it’s posted in a timely (at least two weeks before the event), informative and accurate manner, please follow these guidelines:
1. Enter your information into the form and your event will then be in the queue to be approved. When there are multiple events, each one needs its own listing with all the pertinent information.
2. DETAILS: This is the information that is printed out for programmers to read on-air. ALL of the info listed needs to be included for the event to be approved. The total “blurb” in the box must be 60 words or fewer and include the following:
- Name of event
- A very brief description of event (1-2 sentences)
- Day, date and time
- Location (including street address)
- Phone and/or website for more info
- Please do not include ticket prices.
3. Once you have submitted your event it is approved by our staff and then will appear in the online calendar about two weeks before the event. It will appear in the studio calendar to be announced by programmers for one week prior to the event. Programmers then choose which events to announce.
Please call Susan Pierce, Office & Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.