WERU is currently seeking applicants for the position of Development Director. Responsibilities include: general membership management, major donor giving, foundation grants and marketing. The successful applicant will have development experience, and excellent skills in communications, collaboration and organization. To apply, email cover letter, resume and/or questions to Matt Murphy, General Manager, at [email protected]. The deadline for applications is June 18. WERU is an equal opportunity employer.
Our current Development Director, Mark Tipton, is entering a Doctor of Musical Arts in Jazz Performance at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston. He finishes up at the radio station in mid-July. Congratulations and all the best, Mark, and thank you for all of your great work!
General Job Description:
The Development Director is responsible for general membership management, major donor giving and foundation grants. Reports to the General Manager and serves on Development Committee and Finance Committee.
- General Membership: Utilize SalesForce CRM to manage donations; produce renewal, additional gift and acknowledgement letters in collaboration with Finance Manager. Create SalesForce reports at request of Development Committee, Board and General Manager.
- Membership Drives: Collaborate with other staff and Development Committee in planning and implementing membership drives. Work at the station during drive weeks to ensure continuity of social media posts, on-air acknowledgement of donations, and timely distribution of donor thank-you letters. Monitor on-air fundraising message.
- Foundation Grants: Write grant applications and manage foundation reporting. Create and follow an annual Grant Calendar, submit proposals on or ahead of deadlines, and submit all required grant reports to foundations. Actively seek additional grant opportunities for the organization (ongoing).
- Top Donor Giving: Collaborate with General Manager and Development Committee Chair to conduct major donor cultivation efforts and activities, including seeking planned gifts. Coordinate with General Manager to secure matching gifts during Membership Drives.
- Strategic Planning: create annual development and marketing plan in collaboration with General Manager and Development Committee. Track successes as they align with the current Strategic Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least three years of development experience.
- Strong written, verbal and digital communications skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Experience with databases.
- Experience with working with volunteers and committees.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends during events and membership drives.
- Ability to work in a small office space environment.
- Ability to work with people of all ages.
- Commitment to community and community-building.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- $42,000 per year
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 weeks vacation per year
- $300 per month health care stipend